How to clone UserGate Web Filter to many computers
Posted by Alexander Kistanov on 08 April 2014 10:31
This article is mainly devoted to hardware manufacturers who need to set up UserGate Web Filter Appliance to large
Important note: We are constantly improving our software and it is highly recommended to HW manufacturer to
One of the option to is to deploy UserGate Web Filter to many computers is PXE Boot. It is already embedded to ISO image. Another option is to create a reference
Please follow these steps:
1. Set up a reference computer from ISO image:
2. Boot computer, login to the Linux console as webfilter/admin, and launch the following commands:
sudo rm /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules sudo power off
Reference system is ready. Steps below describe copying image procedure with free tool
3. It is recommended to have SAMBA server with a folder images opened for read and write.
In the example below there is a SAMBA server at 192.168.56.1 with login name - clonezilla
4. Boot reference system using clonezilla live cd:
5. Follow screenshots below:
6. Turn of reference computer.
1. Boot target computer with clean hard drive using clonezilla live cd
2. Follow the same screenshots as above, but on screenshot 10 select restore disk instead of savedisk.